Wednesday, June 1, 2011

CPI- Heredia and Monteverde


CPI (Centro Panamericano de Idiomas) has been my little comfort zone through this whole trip! It’s a place where speaking English is acceptable for the most part, and where most people can understand me (which is like a breath of fresh air after spending all evening living people I can barely understand). I got so comfortable at CPI Heredia. I learned more Spanish from my teacher Lucy than I have in my whole 6 years of Spanish classes, not to mention we all grew so attached to her that we had to become Facebook friends, Skype friends, and e- mailing buddies. I have had 3 amazing teachers here at CPI. Carlos serenaded us everyday with his guitar in CPI Monteverd and has given me ideas for my Spanish music playlist on i tunes, and although we are just starting with Mayra I can already tell I will love her and learn a lot from her, (today I won Spanish Scrabble, which is a big deal to me). Leaving here I know the thing I will miss the most are the people I’ve met. Everyone at CPI is so generous and happy to help and make you feel comfortable. That is what I feel with CPI, comfort and security. I have grown so attached to my Spanish teachers, our amazing and knowledgeable guides Javier, Meggie, and Cierra, and even Roy the bus driver who safely delivered us to Monteverde after braving those scary mountain roads. I have learned so much in these 2 and a half weeks about myself, about myself as a teacher, and about learning. Much of that I can credit to CPI and all aspects of the company, not only for the Spanish classes but for the wonderful host families they have assigned me with! It is going to be very hard to leave all these wonderful people, not to mention the beautiful valley view from my classroom window.

No comments:

Post a Comment